Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Laziness At Its Best!




Well its been a while since I thought I should be blogging ..but work, work and more work kept me away even from having peaceful biobreaks…Finally late in the night I felt I should scribble something!!!
Again that growling..rather snoring of my better half which has over the years assumed a lullaby effect on me compels me to get back to bed and sleep..but Perseverance is holding me back today!!Well talking about Perseverance makes me think of how lazy iam!!

I remember those days when I used to starve just because I was so slothful to even bend down and get the stuff kept on the lower rack of the refridgerator!!!
Same with the copy writing at school.. mom used to hold my hand ,with a pencil inserted in between my fingers ,writing my transcription book while I would be fast asleep…
I tried to change my behavioral patterns many a time but of no avail. After marriage it is more like a competition at home as to who is lazier and I truly enjoy this game!!
Weekends will be dedicated for cleaning the house..ideally sweeping and mopping-One of us will tidy up and the other wil sweep and mop-Tidying up will only involve moving the remote of the TV from the dining table to the tea poy!! And Sweeping and mopping wil stop once the smallest room of the house sparkles!

Laziness takes a different stride on me at work place..usually it strikes me hard on Fridays!! Gosh I guess Friday has a crush on me cos it tries its maximum to get me out of office early..Some how the Friday fever hits me hard right from Friday morning and continues till the time i am out of office… A 'love letter'usually awaits me at office on Mondays due to the Friday lethargy 

Day in day out I've been warned by people about the increase in the number of flabs in my body!!Just 10 steps up and I reach the Gym! But no ,not me ....nobody can noose me to the gym because there lies this issue..the treadmill is always free since no one uses it..and I hate to see it unused . If only it was forever being treaded on I could have convinced my conscience that I couldn't use it for a valid reason!!!

Well I hope this does not continue long term as I feel it is a disease iam suffering from…you can ensure you’ve become a lazy bum when these symptoms are seen
Fatigue
Perpetual hunger
No Interest in any kind of activity
A "I -can't -be bothered -to think" attitude
Getting angry
Weird look always
Fault finding
Upset for no reason
Strain to move from one seat to another
Eye strain while reading, especially while reading a levelheaded book
Dreaming about a cozy bed while handling an escalation at work

And now iam working on a panacea to correct these!! Join me if ur diseased!!! :)

19 comments:

moonlite:D said...

girl,, don't say Laziness is a disease,, it hurts me and i'm enjoy being lazy!! ;)

Unknown said...

Good one Vinee...I agree at times the Laziness does feel like a disease...Good writing again :) Keep it up!

Mithun P said...

Oyee same here :) even am getting hit by the disease ... Fortunately for me am planning to hit the gym very soon ... But no idea when..

Ajay Karthick said...

I can guess the amount of pain you might have had to go through, to complete this grueling article ;)

Aparnaa said...

babe.. good one..

Asif said...

Let me introduce myself to all the people who come here, I'm the secretary of the so called Lazy club. :)
Hehehe...Vineeta, very well written about our club members' diseases. Congratulations on your Monday “love letters” :D ...You are making us all very proud.
BTW... Once, a fly came and sat on my forehead and I called my mom and asked her to drive the fly away as I’m ever very lazy to drive it away with my own hands. :)
***Ohhh did I write such a long comment? Did I? Hmm I need some energy drink immediately.***
P.S. I notice some change in your usual writing style. Keep blogging regularly and dont make us wait for such a long time :)

Zcorpi said...

:-) Laziness is something to be proud of - well atleast at times ..

Libu said...

I liked everything but cannot expect you worked so hard:))

Viper said...

Iam too lazy to comment!!

Anonymous said...

Good one n ufff..am the LAZY LEO!
hey i like the font color ...it nice!!!

Unknown said...

Hey.... i dont say you are lazy........ atleast you never show ur laziness in talking to people. how much u talk... non stop... hahaha..... Its fun reading this blog though..... I love to be lazy tooo......Hail All Lazy Bums......

Anita Jeyan said...

Hmmm Perhaps I know u better than what you have actually written for ur readers.
Probably u left out the point wherein your home has an area in the dining room where you can wash your hands without getting up!

Vineeta said...

Moonlite-I silently enjoy it too ;)

Ganesh-Thanku soo Much

Mithun-i guess ur like me..ive been planning since years to hit the gym..may be i will next year ;)

Aj-haha good guess..writing this was more of a torture..but still i dint want to give up;)

Aparna-thaanku dearie..

Zcorpi-lol true..i carry it with pride:)

Viper-I know that;)!!

Libu-I swear ..once in a while i do and this time it was horrible at work place!

Asif-haha that was a good one! i can read ur blogs in my profile:)

Lazy Leo-u dint have to be 'anonymous' to make a comment out there:)Thanks for dropping by :)

Pradeep-Thats the only thing iam not lazy about!! can go on and on and on talking ;)

Anita-haha good u remembered.i missed to mention taht in this post;)Well space crunch is the reason;)

subu.ps said...

Viper's lullaby !! hehe Loved this.. his bro also is famous for this :). may be u can donate some flab to ur gym crazy worst half ;)

Vineeta said...

Chetta-haha i guess its a family trait then ;) and about flabs ..he may get me the moon but will never agree to accept flabs ;) Thanks again for dropping by :)

Omana said...

I know who is responsible for this very resistant infection in you!!!Anyway do not curse the poor old dame.....she had slogged hard to make you this lazy..... May God shake you out of your lethargy and fire you into action.....Goodbye to those flabs!!!!

Vineeta said...

lol amma Congratulations!! you have accomplished a task :) Well done :)iam lazier than what u ever thought i would be :)Thanks

Blunt Edges said...

Fatigue - check
Perpetual hunger - check
No Interest in any kind of activity - check
A "I -can't -be bothered -to think" attitude - check
Getting angry - no check
Weird look always - no check
Fault finding - no check
Upset for no reason - no check
Strain to move from one seat to another - check
Eye strain while reading, especially while reading a levelheaded book - no check
Dreaming about a cozy bed while handling an escalation at work - check

6 out of 11...so what does that make me??

Vineeta said...

Blunt edges..i guess u are yet to reach my level of laziness ;)put in a lil bit more of effort and yay we can celebrate together ;)

Post a Comment