Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Resolution Time



The year 2009 wasn’t too bad but yes,I did take a few bad roads, and did fall into some shallow pits ! Dame Luck saved me from formidable scenarios. Still I feel I should refrain from few routine tasks that I get caught up in!

-I will stop eating rice( God help me with this, I can't control when I see a platter of rice..sluurp) and reduce at least a kilo this year (trust me it isn’t easy)

-Will never mail anyone who writes in editorial columns, criticizing them even if I find the article futile.

-I will ensure that my wardrobe remains neat and tidy ( mission Impossible)

-I will never use hair drier daily and lose those existing ten locks I have now

- Reduce the decibel of my screechy tone and endeavor to add on a bit of bass to it.It probably may help people from complaining of headaches once I start off with my never ending conversations!!

-Will never trust colleagues

-Use Face book and Orkut sparingly and concentrate more on online courses at office (am lying. I can’t do that!!)

- Obey my better half to the last letter and be a very good pet cat ( this is just to please him ,if ever he reads this :)

-Attempt to read better books than Champak, Tinkle and Archies..I am sure it would help me sleep off faster than now!

-Resolve to wear less colorful and less fashionable clothes because I intend to be more mature and solemn in 2010. Sober shades may probably go well with my new profile.

-I will blog more often at home and not at office

- Definitely keep in touch with my friends whom I miss out to call back often. Sorry guys .I won’t repeat that again!!

- Will neither tease any one nor indulge in a running commentary about any person of interest seen at the malls or busy streets

-I will gossip less ( I’m lying again!!)
-I Will not lie (oops I already did)

I have hell loads to change spaced out from these ,but that can still wait as I have more years ahead of me!!! 2010 is in precedence at the moment :)

I wish it’s going to be a good year with new hopes and many surprises and yes loads of happiness and fun for you and for me !!! Cheers!!!

14 comments:

Asif said...

Ha ha ha hilariously written….Hmm good plans I guess :) but some things we cant change-the more we try to change ourselves the more we think about it. Anyway Good luck, may you be successful in all those things. :)

Omana said...

Reinforce your resolutions with the concrete of will power and it will take you a long way!!!Good blogging.....Looking forward to reading more in the year to come!!!

Sanju said...

i did not complain of headaches Vinee....i just said i need to use ear plugs more!! :)

subu.ps said...

Hehe another rocking post...
I wonder who coined this concept of resolutions, this has become an inseparable part of new year..luckily there is no dearth of resolutions since almost 99% of the resolutions of previous year can be carried over to next year.
Keep posting and have a wonderful New year

Unknown said...

Good one...well written vinee...

moonlite:D said...

hey hi,,
nice post!!
and I say,, don't completely quit on rice,, (i'm trying to spoil u)
and i dont agree any book is better than champak, chandamama,tinkle... But,, other few books will def. act as sleeping pill.. :)

Meenakshi said...

well written!

Hope the New Year is much much more better than the last year! Happy New Year..

Anita Jeyan said...

kidu..! I know its never gonna be followed... but if you do, you will never be the same ol' screechy, high energy Vineeta anymore !!That will be sad :( Dont set such goals. Well, not using hair dryer is fine!

Vineeta said...

@ Thanks Asif..you are right there are lot of things among these which i dont think i can stick on to!!

@Thanks Oane

@Sanju: its just by that ear plug statement of urs that i realized that i need to modify my voice..grrrr

@ subodh chetta: Thanks for reading by..as u said these were my resolutions planned since 2007.hoping to implement them atleast this year :)

@Ganesh -Thank u soo much :)

@moonlite-Iam already spoilt ;)and quitting rice i think should be postponed to 2011 as i have already broke my word ;)

@meenakshi-Thanks for dropping by :)

@Anita-hehe u know me too well :)even i dont trust myself in that matter..ill probably realize about the side effects of hair drier once i turn bald! Thanks for reading di :)

Aparnaa said...

Good luck with your resolutions!! Hope u will be able to keep atleast one girl..Anyway, will be looking forward for your next entry.. :)

Vineeta said...

@Aparnaa..hehehe 'atleast one' itself is a question mark before me..Thanks for dropping by dear :)

Chatterbox said...

Wow! what a wonderful list to add loads of smiles to the new year :)
Hope you have a wonderful wish-fulfilling new year.

Cheers!!

Omana said...

"A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one 'year'and out the other"-Unknown

Vineeta said...

@Chatterbox-Thank you and wish u the same CB :)

Post a Comment